AKRON, Ohio (July 29, 2015) – Whether you’re a fan of wasting away in Margaritaville or jamming out to some alt rock tunes, you’re in luck. The 10th Annual National Hamburger Festival will feature a variety of live music all weekend long during the festivities at Lock 3 Park in Akron Aug. 8-9.
“We’re offering a rather unique variety of musical offerings during the festival including the nation’s premier Jimmy Buffett tribute band on Saturday night and then an entire day of indie rock from five local bands on Sunday,” Drew Cerza, founder of the National Hamburger Festival, said.
Changes in Latitudes – A Tribute to Jimmy Buffett | Saturday, Aug. 8 | 8:30pm
- It really will be a cheeseburger in paradise during a performance by Changes in Latitudes at the National Hamburger Festival This 10-person, nationally-acclaimed Jimmy Buffett tribute band offers up a family-friendly and high-energy live show featuring beach balls, leis and, of course, laid-back tunes.
Cats on Holiday | Saturday, Aug. 8 | 4pm, 5:30pm & 7pm
- This local band, with more than 20 years of cred, performs “Cleveland swamp pop,” a blend of Texas- and Louisiana-inspired blues, rock, roots and zydeco with healthy dose of original songs and poetry about urban life.
Jim Gill | Saturday, Aug. 8 | 2pm
- Specializing in acoustic folk music, Jim Gill is a Northeast Ohio singer/songwriter who creates original music that is both deeply inspiring and beautifully performed.
University of Akron Steel Drum Band | Sunday, Aug. 9 | 1pm
- At 35 years old, The University of Akron Steel Drum Band is one of the nation’s oldest collegiate panorama style steel bands. The ensemble, consisting of 20 percussion majors, performs classics and other tunes celebrating the national music of Trinidad.
Rock Radio Band | Sunday, Aug. 9 | 3:30pm
- This local five-member band entertains audiences with songs that are self-described as not only FM favorites from the 60s, 70s and 80s, but that feature dynamic vocal harmonies, sing-a-long choruses and dance floor appeal.
INDIE BAND SHOWCASE
New in 2015, the National Hamburger Festival has created a new event called the Indie Band Showcase in which some of Akron’s best local bands are set to perform every hour on the hour on Aug. 9 from 1-6pm.
The Gage Brothers | Sunday, Aug. 9 | 1pm
- A high-energy acoustic band that jams out to new age and traditional folk music performed by brothers Zach and Ben Gage.
The Brothers Band | Sunday, Aug. 9 | 2pm
- This five-piece rock band churns out original music with songs that have an indie, soul and rock and roll edge.
By Light We Loom | Sunday, Aug. 9 | 3pm
- This husband and wife indie-pop duo has received national recognition for its newest album, which promises to move your heart and feet in equal measure.
Goodnight Tonight | Sunday, Aug. 9 | 4pm
- A four-person alternative rock band coming out of Kent, Ohio, Goodnight Tonight is headed-up by lead vocalist and guitarist Emily Gambone.
Acid Cats |Sunday, Aug. 9 | 5pm
- Acidic jazz is the name of their genre performed by this Akron-based quintet, which boasts its own tenor sax and trumpet.